Beef Steak and Potato Kabobs
Source of Recipe
1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
8 bamboo skewers
1 pound potato, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
or 2 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
3/4 cup Heinz 57® sauce
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1. Preheat grill to medium. Soak eight 8-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes. Wash hands. Cut steak into 1 1/4-inch pieces. Wash hands.
2. Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 8 minutes or until just tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
3. Combine 57 sauce and garlic in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring once.
4. Combine beef, squash, potatoes and 1/3 cup sauce in large bowl; toss. Wash hands. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto skewers. Wash hands.
5. Grill kabobs, uncovered and turning occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness (internal temp 150°F to 160°F); brush with remaining sauce during last 5 minutes.