Cajun Chicken Jambalaya
Source of Recipe
6 TysonŽ Fresh Chicken Breast Tenders
1 can TysonŽ Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth, 14 oz.
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
6 scallions, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1 cup long grain rice
Half of a 6-ounce package Canadian bacon, diced
1 cup medium salsa
1. Wash hands. Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Wash hands.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet to medium-high. Cook chicken 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
3. In same skillet, cook green pepper, three-fourths of scallions and celery 5 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Add uncooked rice to skillet and cook 1 minute.
4. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in bacon, salsa and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid and chicken is done (internal temp 170°F).
5. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle with remaining scallions. Refrigerate leftovers.