Chicken Fingers with Honey Sauce
Source of Recipe
• 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 2 beaten egg whites
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 cups cornflakes, crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 cup honey
• 4 teaspoons prepared mustard or Dijon-style mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Cut chicken into strips about 3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine the egg whites and the 1 tablespoon honey. In a shallow bowl combine the cornflake crumbs and pepper. Dip chicken strips into the egg white mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture to coat.
3. Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake chicken in a 450 degree F oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until no longer pink.
4. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup honey, the mustard, and garlic powder. Serve with chicken. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 240, total fat: 2g, saturated fat: 0g, cholesterol: 49mg, sodium: 269mg, carbohydrate: 33g, fiber: 0g, protein: 23g, vitamin A: 1%, vitamin C: 2%, calcium: 2%, iron: 7%