Crab and Aspargus Casserole
Source of Recipe
• 1 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus
• 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 1 tablespoon margarine
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• Dash pepper
• 1 cup skim milk
• 8 ounces fresh or frozen crabmeat, drained, or frozen crab-flavored, crab-leg-shaped fish pieces, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook asparagus according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan cook mushrooms and onion in margarine until onion is tender but not brown. Stir in cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Stir in milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in crab and asparagus.
3. Spoon mixture into four individual casseroles.
4. In a small bowl stir together almonds and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle atop casseroles.
4. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through and cheese is browned. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 170, total fat: 7g, cholesterol: 27mg, sodium: 728mg, carbohydrate: 11g, protein: 17g