Creole Style Pork
Source of Recipe
• 12 ounces lean boneless pork
• 1 cup tomato juice
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
• Nonstick spray coating
• 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces, or one 9-ounce package frozen cut green beans, thawed
• 1 cup sliced celery
• 1 medium green or red sweet pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
• 1 to 2 teaspoons cooking oil (optional)
• 2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Partially freeze meat about 30 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips. For sauce, stir together 1/4 cup water, the tomato juice, cornstarch, chili powder, lemon juice, sugar, and ground red pepper.
2. Spray an unheated wok or 12-inch skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add fresh green beans (if using). Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add celery. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add sweet pepper and thawed frozen beans (if using). Stir-fry about 1-1/2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
3. If necessary, add oil to hot wok. Add pork. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Push pork from center of wok.
4. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok; stir to coat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 262, total fat: 6g, saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 38mg, sodium: 282mg, carbohydrate: 36g, fiber: 3g, protein: 16g