Fettuccine with Chicken & Sweet Peppers
Source of Recipe
• 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1 16-ounce package frozen yellow, green, and red sweet peppers, and onions (stir-fry vegetables)
• 1 9-ounce package refrigerated fettuccine or linguine
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
• 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
• Romano cheese (optional)
1. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside. Stir together chicken broth and cornstarch; set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add frozen sweet pepper mixture and pasta. Return to boiling and cook for 2 minutes or until pasta is just tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Toss with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Keep pasta warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring often. Push chicken to sides of skillet. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to center of skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir all ingredients in pan together to coat with sauce.
4. Remove chicken and sauce from heat; toss with cooked pasta mixture, tomatoes, and basil. Serve topped with curls of Romano cheese, if desired. Makes 4 servings.