Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
Source of Recipe
• 8 ounces beef top round steak
• 1/2 cup beef broth
• 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 12 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch-long pieces (2 cups)
• 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 cup small broccoli flowerets
• 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch lengths (1/2 cup)
• 1 tablespoon cooking oil
• 2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Trim fat from beef. Partially freeze beef; thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. For the sauce, in a small bowl stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and ginger; set aside.
2. Lightly coat a cold wok or large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, and green onions. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok or skillet.
3. Carefully add the oil to wok or skillet. Add beef; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Push the beef from center of wok or skillet. Stir sauce; add to the wok or skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
4. Return vegetables to wok or skillet. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce; heat through. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.