Ginger Glazed Shrimp-Kabobs
Source of Recipe
• 1-1/4 pounds fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
• 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
• 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, cut into wedges
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. For sauce, in a medium bowl stir together barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, oil, and ginger. Set aside.
2. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Thread shrimp onto 6 long skewers; brush with sauce. Grill shrimp on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until opaque, turning once halfway through grilling time and brushing with sauce the last 2 minutes of grilling.
3. Thread pineapple wedges onto 3 long skewers. Add pineapple skewers to the grill for the last 5 minutes of cooking, turning once and brushing with sauce halfway through grilling time.
4. Heat remaining sauce to boiling; serve it with shrimp and pineapple for dipping. Store remaining sauce, covered, in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 180, total fat: 2g, saturated fat: 0g, cholesterol: 116mg, sodium: 478mg, carbohydrate: 26g, fiber: 2g, protein: 14g, vitamin A: 12%, vitamin C: 172%, iron: 18%