Source of Recipe
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1/4 cup sliced green onions
• Lemon slices, cut in half (optional)
1. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
2. In a shallow dish stir together flour and black pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
3. In a large skillet heat margarine over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degree F), turning once. Remove from skillet; cover and keep warm.
4. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together chicken broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in green onions. If desired, top chicken with lemon slices. Spoon sauce. over chicken. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 269, total fat: 8g, saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 82mg, sodium: 339mg, carbohydrate: 11g, total sugar: 1g, fiber: 1g, protein: 35g, vitamin C: 16%, calcium: 3%, iron: 9%, starch: .5diabetic exchange, very lean meat: 4.5diabetic exchange, fat: 1.5diabetic exchange