Light Potato Salad
Source of Recipe
• 1 pound small new potatoes
• 1/4 cup light dairy sour cream
• 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
• 1/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped yellow sweet pepper
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
• 1/4 cup julienne strips of carrot
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1. Scrub potatoes and place in a medium saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain well; cool slightly. Quarter potatoes, leaving skins on the potatoes.
2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a large mixing bowl combine sour cream, yogurt, red sweet pepper, yellow sweet pepper, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper. Carefully stir quartered potatoes into dressing mixture. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. (If the potato salad seems thick after chilling several hours, gently stir in 1 tablespoon milk before serving.) Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 95, total fat: 1g, saturated fat: 0g, cholesterol: 3mg, sodium: 114mg, carbohydrate: 19g, fiber: 1g, protein: 3g, vitamin A: 25%, vitamin C: 43%, calcium: 3%, iron: 8%