Low Fat Chicken Fingers
Source of Recipe
Time: 10 to 12 min
Cost per Seving: $1.12
The chicken can be coated with the crust mixture and the Dipping Sauce can be made up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate chicken in a single layer, loosely covered, and sauce in covered serving bowl(s). Bake chicken just before serving.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp each paprika and onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
Whites from 2 large eggs
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves, cut crosswise in 1-in.-wide strips
2 Tbsp honey
1 cup (8 oz) plain lowfat yogurt
2 Tbsp mustard
1. Heat oven to 500°F. Set a wire rack on a jelly-roll pan or cookie sheet. Coat rack with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, paprika, onion powder and salt on a piece of waxed paper.
3. Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with a fork until slightly frothy. Add chicken and toss to coat. Dredge in potato mixture to cover. Place on prepared rack and spray top of chicken lightly with cooking spray.
4. Bake 3 minutes, turn strips over, spray again and bake 1 to 3 minutes longer until chicken is crisp and cooked through.
5. Meanwhile stir Dipping Sauce ingredients in a small bowl until blended. Serve with the chicken.
Per serving: 285 cal, 34 g pro, 28 g car, 1 g fiber, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg chol, 610 mg sod