Lower Fat Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Source of Recipe
• 1-1/2 cups skim milk
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt or seasoned salt
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• Nonstick spray coating
• 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
• Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
1. For sauce, in a small saucepan stir together milk, flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, if desired. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in onion.
2. Spray a 1-1/2-quart casserole with nonstick spray coating. Place half of the potatoes in the casserole. Top with half of the sauce. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes and sauce.
3. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven about 65 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with parsley. Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 118, total fat: 3g, cholesterol: 8mg, sodium: 208mg, carbohydrate: 19g, protein: 5g