Pork Chop and Potato Dinner
Source of Recipe
• 8 whole tiny new potatoes, halved (about 1 lb.)
• 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
• 4 boneless pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick (1 lb.)
• Freshly ground pepper
• 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into thin, bite-size strips
• 2 medium carrots or 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into bite-sized strips
• 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
• 1/4 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
1. For each serving, place one-fourth of the potatoes on a piece of 18x12-inch heavy-duty foil. Place one-eighth of the onion on the potatoes. Place pork chop on top of the onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with one-eighth of the onion slices and one-fourth of the sweet pepper and carrots.
2. Combine broth, mustard, and thyme in a bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the broth mixture over each pork chop. Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold remaining ends to completely enclose mixture, leaving space for steam to build.
3. Grill foil packets on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion of the meat reads 155 degree F and vegetables are tender, turning packets twice. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 284, total fat: 7g, saturated fat: 3g, monounsaturated fat: 3g, polyunsaturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 62mg, sodium: 270mg, carbohydrate: 25g, total sugar: 5g, fiber: 4g, protein: 29g, vitamin C: 151%, calcium: 3%, iron: 13%