Angel Hair with Asparagus and Tomatoes
Source of Recipe
• 16 stalks fresh asparagus
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 6 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and chopped (2-1/4 cups)
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
• 1 9-ounce package refrigerated angel hair pasta
• 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
1. Trim asparagus and rinse in cold water. Remove the tips; set aside. Bias-slice remaining asparagus stalks into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook and stir about 2 minutes more.
3. Add asparagus pieces, wine, and salt to mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add asparagus tips; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute more. Add butter; stir until melted.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Return to pan and toss with asparagus mixture and basil. Makes 3 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 484, total fat: 11g, saturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 10mg, sodium: 238mg, carbohydrate: 81g, fiber: 4g, protein: 15g, vitamin A: 19%, vitamin C: 86%, iron: 31%