Fettuccine With Herbed Shrimp
Source of Recipe
• 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled, deveined shrimp
• 6 ounces packaged dried plain and/or spinach fettuccine
• 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
• 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
• 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup snipped parsley
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender but not brown.
4. In a small mixing bowl stir together wine, bouillon granules, basil, oregano, cornstarch, and pepper. Add to saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add shrimp to wine mixture. Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
6. Spoon the shrimp mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Toss to mix. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 351, total fat: 7g, saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 136mg, sodium: 926mg, carbohydrate: 44g, protein: 25g