Herb Pasta Primivera
Source of Recipe
• 6 ounces linguine, spaghetti, or fettuccine
• 1 cup water
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 2 teaspoons instant vegetable or chicken bouillon granules
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 8 ounces fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 medium carrots, very thinly bias-sliced (1 cup)
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 6-ounce package frozen pea pods, thawed and well drained
• 2/3 cup sliced almonds or chopped cashews
• 1/4 cup snipped parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, cornstarch, and bouillon granules. Set aside.
2. Pour olive oil into wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add asparagus, carrots, and onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pea pods, almonds or cashews, parsley, basil, and pepper. Stir-fry about 1 minute more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture from wok.
3. Stir sauce. Add sauce to wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more. Return vegetable mixture to wok; toss to coat. Heat through.
4. To serve, spoon vegetable mixture over hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.