Low Fat Lasagna
Source of Recipe
1 28-ounce jar of low-fat spaghetti sauce (you choose brand)
1 16-ounce can fat-free chicken stock
2 crushed garlic cloves
8 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 finely chopped onion
1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
8 ounces lasagna noodles (*any brand - don't boil, they will cook in oven)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil bottom of baking pan. Stir one cup of the chicken stock into the spaghetti sauce and set aside. Whisk the egg. Stir in ricotta cheese and one cup of the mozzarella. Add garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Brown and drain the ground beef making sure to break it into very small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the spinach until it is half done, approximately two-thirds of the time indicated on the microwave directions.
4. Sauté the onion in 1/2 cup chicken stock until it is translucent. Cook the mushrooms in the remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock adding the soy sauce and vinegar. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed. Mix together beef, spinach, onions and mushrooms.
5. Build the lasagna starting with a layer of sauce in the bottom of the pan. *Add one layer of the uncooked noodles followed by more sauce, 1/3 of the cheese mixture and 1/3 of the spinach/beef mixture. Repeat two more times, finishing off with the spinach mixture and the remaining sauce.
6. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until liquid around the edges has been absorbed. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake for 15 minutes more.
14 Grams of fat