Source of Recipe
• 2 to 2-1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks), skinned
• 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
• 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
• 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce or white wine Worcestershire sauce
• Dash ground red pepper
1. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow baking pan; set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine cornflake crumbs and parsley; set aside. In another small mixing bowl combine yogurt, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
3. Brush chicken with yogurt mixture, then sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degrees F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink and an instant read thermometer registers 180 degrees F. Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 149, total fat: 5g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 63mg, sodium: 122mg, carbohydrate: 5g, fiber: 0g, protein: 21g, vitamin A: 2%, vitamin C: 2%, calcium: 4%, iron: 9%, starch: .5diabetic exchange, very lean meat: 3diabetic exchange