Pork Tenderloing Perfection
Source of Recipe
• 1/4 cup light soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon catsup
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 1-pound pork tenderloin
• 2 to 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seed
• Chinese hot mustard or other unique mustard (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, catsup, and garlic powder. Place pork in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish; pour soy sauce mixture over meat. Turn pork to coat all sides. Close bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning meat in marinade occasionally.
2. Drain pork, discarding marinade. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer. Roast, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degree F.*
3. Sprinkle sesame seed on a piece of foil. Carefully roll pork in sesame seed. Cut into thin slices. Serve with mustard, if you like. Makes 8 to 10 appetizer servings or 4 main-dish servings.
*Note: To grill, in a covered grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium** heat above the pan.* Place pork, fat side up, on grill rack over drip pan (not directly over coals). Insert a meat thermometer. Close grill hood. Grill for 30 to 45 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degree F.