Source of Recipe
2 divided cups evaporated skim milk or 1% milk
2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp low-fat cream cheese (not non-fat)
1/3 freshly grated cup Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese,
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a non-stick saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups of the skim milk to a boil, being careful to stir every few minutes since non-fat milk has a tendency to burn.
2. Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch in a small bowl with the other 1/2 cup skim milk and combine well.
3. When the milk has come to a boil, add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to thicken.
4. Add the cream cheese and Parmesan or Romano cheese, lower heat, and cook for about one minute until the cream cheese has melted.
5. Continue to cook for two minutes more to thicken the sauce, stirring constantly. Enjoy!
Based on individual serving.
Total Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 7 g