Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 stick butter (6 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup eggs, about 4 large eggs and 2 whites
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Boil water, butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add flour and work until all it is incorporated and dough forms a ball. Transfer mixture into bowl of a standing mixer and let cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- With mixer on stir or lowest speed add eggs, 1 at a time, making sure the first egg is completely incorporated before continuing. Once all eggs have been added and mixture is smooth put dough into a piping bag fitted with a number 12 tip.
- Heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil in a pan. Pipe dough into oil, making a free-form lattice pattern and cook until brown flipping once.
- Remove cake from oil, drain on paper towels, top with powdered sugar and continue until all of the batter is used.