Cream Cheese Pound Cake w/ Choc. Swirl
Source of Recipe
Yield: 16 to 20 Servings
Difficulty: ** (Intermediate)
Preparation: 1 hour plus baking and standing times
List of Ingredients
Cream Cheese Pound Cake:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 bars (1.5 oz. each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, melted and cooled
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 bars (1.5 oz. each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
Make the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees(F). Grease and lightly flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese and butter in large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium to high speed until blended.
4. Gradually add the sugar, beating on medium speed about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low to medium speed for 1 minute after each addition. Add vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined.
5. Spread half of the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Pour the melted chocolate on top and pull a knife through the batter to marble it. Top with remaining batter.
6. Bake 65 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack and cool completely.
Make the glaze:
Heat the cream, corn syrup and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat to a gentle boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir gently until smooth. Cool the glaze until it starts to thicken slightly, stirring gently.
Assemble the cake:
Place the cake on a serving plate. Drizzle the cake with Chocolate Glaze.