Chocolate Peanut Butter Terrine
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
7 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
4 large egg yolks, at room temperature
4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
2 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
5 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, toasted and coarsely chopped*
Sweetened whipped cream
1 bar (1.5 ounces) Godiva Dark Chocolate, made into curls
Make the chocolate peanut butter mousse:
1. Spray 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray. Line pan with plastic wrap so that the plastic extends about 2 inches beyond the rim of the pan. Place pan in freezer.
2. Place chopped chocolate, butter and peanut butter in saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
3. Beat egg yolks in stainless bowl until well blended, using an electric mixer at medium speed. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until thickened. Place bowl in saucepan of hot water. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thick and tripled in volume and registers 140°F. on instant-read thermometer. Remove from heat and whisk mixture until it cools to room temperature. Gently fold in chocolate mixture.
4. Beat heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in bowl until soft peaks form, using electric mixer at high speed. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Turn mixture into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter to eliminate any air bubbles. Cover top of terrine with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
Glaze the terrine:
1. Place chocolate, butter and corn syrup in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth and let cool about 5 minutes or until glaze thickens slightly.
2. Using plastic wrap as handles, lift terrine from pan. Invert terrine on baking sheet. Remove plastic wrap.
3. Pour cooled glaze over terrine, spreading it evenly over entire terrine. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until glaze is set.
To serve: Slice terrine with a hot dry knife into 9 even slices and then cut each piece in half, making a total of 18 pieces. Place 3 pieces of terrine on each dessert plate. Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
*To toast peanuts, spread on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.