Peanut Butter Surprise
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup reduced-fat (2%) or whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large egg whites
2 (3-ounce) bittersweet chocolate candy bars, melted and cooled
30 mini peanut butter cups
1 container prepared chocolate frosting
3 ounces white chocolate candy bar, broken into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 30 regular-size (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2. For cupcakes, combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; mix well and set aside. Beat sugar and butter with electric mixer at medium speed 1 minute. Add milk and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds. Gradually beat in flour mixture; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg whites; beat 1 minute. Stir in melted chocolate.
3. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon batter into each prepared muffin cup; use back of spoon to slightly spread batter over bottom. Place one mini peanut butter cup in center of each cupcake. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon batter over peanut butter cup; use back of spoon to smooth out batter. (Do not fill cups more than 3/4 full.)
4. Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. (Center of cupcakes will sink slightly upon cooling.) Remove cupcakes to racks; cool completely. (At this point, cupcakes may be frozen up to 3 months.) Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
5. For white drizzle, place white chocolate in small resealable plastic food storage bag. Microwave at HIGH 30 to 40 seconds. Turn bag over; microwave additional 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Cut off tiny corner of bag; pipe chocolate decoratively over frosted cupcakes. Store at room temperature up to 24 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days before serving.