Tuna Noodle Casserole
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 package (12 ounces) Wide egg noodles
1 Tbl Butter
1/2 C Chopped green bell pepper
1/2 C Chopped onion
1 1/2 C Nonfat milk
2 cans (6 ounces each) White albacore tuna, drained and flaked
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
1/4 C Chopped pimientos (optional)
1 C Shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions; rinse with cold water. Drain; set aside.
3. While noodles are cooking,heat butter over medium heat until hot in frying pan.
4. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes.
5. Stir in milk, noodles, tuna, soup, seasonings and pimientos, heat through.
6. Pour into buttered baking pan. Sprinkle cheese all over top.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Corn bread and cobbler, with a smoothie.
Garlic bread sticks, green salad, cottage cheese and fruit for dessert.
*Reduced-fat condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup may be used in place of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
*To make Chicken Noodle Casserole, substitute 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken for tuna and 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom.
*Put the cheese on top, then add seasoned bread crumbs, and sprinkle it with melted butter.
*Add any vegetables you like, some might be broccoli, carrots, potatoes, etc.