Chicken or Turkey Tetrazinni
Source of Recipe
This ended up being a wing-it version of a casserole that's been around forever. It's traditionally called Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti, but I had to change the name... my husband thinks that spaghetti is red, and that's that. He won't eat anything else called "spaghetti!" So this was adapted to what I had on hand to work with, and renamed accordingly.
List of Ingredients
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, COOKED, chopped/diced
- 1 small can of mushrooms, or 8 oz fresh
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (about 2 cups) of chicken broth
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese (about a cup)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 cup white wine, optional
- 1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning (or garlic salt will work)
- Big fat grind of fresh ground pepper
- 12 oz (dry) whole wheat spaghetti (whole wheat pasta holds up better in this dish)
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish, set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti til not quite done, you want it with a little bite as it will continue to cook in the dish. Drain and set aside.
- While spaghetti cooks, mix all the remaining ingredients in a LARGE mixing bowl. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the bowl. Use a couple of large spoons to mix and toss everything together until well coated and mixed. Turn the whole thing into the prepped casserole.
- Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes to an hour, til hot and bubbly.
- CROCKPOT DIRECTIONS: Prepare as directed, but put everything into a sprayed crockpot. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, til heated through and bubbly around the edges.
- TO PREPARE AHEAD: Put the casserole together the night before, or in the morning, then bring to room temp for 30 minutes before baking. Your baking time will probably be a little more, since the dish is cold.