Buffalo Chicken Dip
Source of Recipe
One of the "famous favorites" from the TOH site, this is a fabulous dip! Hubby likes it with tortilla chips, I like it with crackers, toasted french bread, or crispy breadsticks. This is the recipe posted by Cittie.
One note: I use half ranch dressing and half blue cheese dressing.
List of Ingredients
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup prepared Ranch salad dressing (or half blue cheese dressing and half ranch dressing)
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as FranksŪ Red HotŪ (I use between 1/4 and 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing/blue cheese dressing.
- Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
This could also be done in the oven instead of a slow cooker.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION