Aloha Pie Last Update: 12:57 pm Set Te
Source of Recipe
Good Things Utah
Last Update: 12:57 pm
Set Text Size Small Set Text Size Medium Set Text Size Large Set Text Size X-Large
Print Story | ShareThis
Prepared by Pixie Worthen
* Coconut crust
* Coconut ice cream (4 C ish…depends on the size of your pan)
* Mango sauce
* Tropical fruits 2-3 C, or desired amount
* 14 oz sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
* 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
* 2 mangos, peeled, seeded and chopped
* 3 Tbs lemon juice
* 4 Tbs sugar
1) Scoop and spread lightly softened coconut ice cream into crust. Freeze until fully set, at least one hour.
2) Slice desired tropical fruits. (pineapple, mango, kiwi, papaya, star fruit etc) If desired, in a small bowl combine zest and juice of 1 large lime and 1 Tbs honey. Toss with fruit.
3) Just before serving, drizzle a small amount of mango sauce atop ice cream pie. Top with fruit in desired design. Slice and serve with more mango sauce. Enjoy and Aloha!
1) Place toasted coconut in a food processor and lightly grind. Place in a bowl and stir in lightly beaten egg whites. Press into desired pan and bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely.
1) Combine chopped mangos, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl and puree with a stick blender. Chill until ready to use.