Buttermilk Pound Cake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 1/2 cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tbl. boiling water
3 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla flavor
3 1/2 cups cake flour
1. Cream shortening and sugar together.
2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing batter well after each.
3. Mix baking soda with tablespoon of water, stir well; add to sugar, shortening and eggs.
4. Add flour and milk alternatively to mixture. Mix well until batter is very smooth.
5. Add vanila, continue to mix for an additional three minutes.
6. Pour mixture into well greased and floured cake pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.