Chocolate Mocha Sauce/Angel Food Cake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
· 2 tablespoons hot water
· 2 tablespoons espresso powder
· 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
· 1/2 cup heavy cream, light cream, or milk
· 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
1. In a cup, combine the 2 tablespoons hot water and 2 tablespoons espresso powder.
2. In a 4-cup measure or glass bowl, combine the chocolate chips with the 1/2 cup cream and espresso. Cover. Microwave on High, stirring twice, for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
3. Stir in the 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur, if using. Keep warm.
Step 2: prepare cake
Angel Food Cake
· 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
· 1 storebought angel food cake (13 ounces)
· Fresh berries or softened ice cream, for garnish (optional)
1. In a small sieve, combine the 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sift the mixture over the top of the angel food cake.
Step 3: serve
1. With a serrated knife, cut the cake into slices.
2. Spoon enough of the chocolate mocha sauce on each dessert plate to cover it. Top with a slice of cake and garnish as desired.