Cookies 'n Cream Angel Cake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 package Betty CrockerŽ 1-step white angel food cake mix
1 1/4 cups cold water
3 reduced-fat chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
1 package Betty CrockerŽ fluffy white frosting mix
1/2 cup boiling water
6 reduced-fat chocolate sandwich cookies, cut in half
1. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat cake mix and cold tap water in large (4-quart) glass or metal bowl on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minute. Carefully fold crushed cookies into batter. Pour into ungreased angel food (tube) pan. Gently cut through batter in pan using metal spatula or knife.
3. Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky. Do not underbake. Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle, or rest edges on 2 to 4 cans of equal height. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool. Remove from pan by gently pulling cake away from side of pan, using fingers, taking care not to tear cake (cake will spring back to original shape.) Turn pan over; press on removable bottom of pan, or shake pan gently to remove cake.
4. Beat frosting mix and boiling water in small glass or metal bowl on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 5 to 7 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until stiff peaks form.
5. Frost cake, and garnish with sandwich cookie halves.