Easter Egg Dye
Source of Recipe
(from foods found in the kitchen)
Make dyes for Easter eggs from materials in the kitchen.
List of Ingredients
Red cabbage leaves produce a robin's egg blue color.
· Orange peels create a tender yellow
· carrot tops yield a smoky yellow green
· yellow Delicious apple peelings dye eggs pale lavender flecked with soft rust.
· Brown (not white) onion peels dye orange.
· Fresh spinach gives you a pinkish color with gray-green buffs. erator over night!
To dye eggs, place in a pan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and dye material. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently 20 minutes.
The color will deepen or change if the eggs are left in the dye solution overnight.
DO NOT eat the eggs if you leave them out of the refrig·