Crab, Cantaloupe, and Cucumber Salad Sa
Source of Recipe
Crab, Cantaloupe, and Cucumber Salad Sandwiches with Ginger Orange Mayonnaise
* 1 pound flaked crab meat
* 1/2 of a cantaloupe seeded and thinly sliced
* 1 English cucumber, peeled and finely diced
* 1/3 cup Kewpie Japanese Mayonnaise, or regular mayonnaise
* 3 tbsp sour cream
* 1 1/2 tsp Ginger paste, or fresh chopped Ginger
* Zest of 2 oranges
* 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
* Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
* Butter lettuce
* 1 long baguette sliced into four even sections, divided in half, and toasted
In a medium sized bowl, toss together crab meat and cucumbers. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, Ginger paste, orange zest, and orange juice until smooth. Pour over crab mixture and blend together.
To assemble sandwiches:
Place butter lettuce on the bottom half of toasted bread. Lay thinly sliced cantaloupe on top of the lettuce. Top with crab salad and toasted upper half of bread. Serve immediately.