Roasted Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Spicy
Source of Recipe
Roasted Chicken Le
ttuce Wraps with Spicy Coconut Curry Peanut Sauce
Coconut Curry Sauce
* 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1/2 cup Lite coconut milk
* 1/3 cup orange juice
* Juice of 1 lime
* 2 tbsp honey
* 1-2 tbsp red curry paste
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
* 1/2 tsp garlic
* 1 Rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
* 1 pint red, orange, and yellow mini bell peppers, thinly sliced
* 2-3 cups matchstick carrots
* 1 oz can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
* 3-4 green onions, sliced
* 2 oranges; skins removed and thinly sliced
* Zest from 2 oranges
* 1 head of lettuce leaves rinsed and patted dry
* Chopped peanuts
* Snipped cilantro
* Wonton strips (optional)
* Lime wedges
In a medium sized bowl whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, orange juice, lime juice, and honey. Add curry, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
Mix until smooth and even and set aside.
In a sauté pan over medium heat, pour desired amount of curry sauce over sliced chicken. Heat for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce starts to bubble. Remove from heat.In a sauté pan over medium heat, pour desired amount of curry sauce over sliced chicken. Heat for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce starts to bubble. Remove from heat.
To assemble wraps:
Place curry chicken inside lettuce leaf, top with carrots, chestnuts, peppers, cilantro, green onions, peanuts and wonton strips. Squeeze lime juice over top, if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings