Roasted Chicken Sandwich Ingredients:
Source of Recipe
Roasted Chicken Sandwich
* 2 1/2 - 3 cups roasted chicken shredded (about 2 cooked chicken breasts with lemon,
* black pepper and olive oil)
* 1/2 cup finely diced celery
* 1/4 cup finely diced Vidalia sweet onion
* 6-7 fresh sage leaves, minced
* Zest from 1/2 an orange
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup sour cream
* Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
* 1 cup pitted and quartered fresh bing cherries
* 1-1 1/2 tbsp Pioneer Valley Apricot Honey Jam or your favorite Apricot jam
* 4-6 croissants toasted and split in half
* Butter or other leaf lettuce (optional)
In a medium sized bowl, toss together chicken, celery, onion, sage leaves and orange zest. Set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together sour cream and mayonnaise. Add to the chicken mixture. Fold to combine.
In a small bowl, stir jam until smooth, stir in cherries.
Layer croissant with lettuce, chicken salad, and cherries. Serve immediately.
Makes 4-6 sandwiches