Dried Beef Dip
I got this recipe from a co-worker about 15 years ago. I have had similar dips, but this one seems like the best.
List of Ingredients
- 1.) 1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 2.) 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3.) 2 oz. dried beef ( I normally double this)
- 4.) 1/4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 5.) 1 Tablespoon grated onion
- 6.) Dash of garlic powder (or to taste!)
- 7.) 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8.) 1/2 cup sour cream
- 9.) 2 Tablespoons butter (taste better)
- 10.) scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11.) 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix ingrediants 1 thru 8 together and turn into casserole or backing dish.
Melt 2 T. butter, add scant 1/2 tsp. salt, 1.2 c pecams and brown carefully in small skillet. Sprinkle on top of cream cheese mixture.
Bake 20 minutes in 350 degree oven.
I have doubled this recipe and baked uptill it bubbles on the sides.
Serve with crackers. Great with Triskets or Ritz.