Danish Layer Cake
The city I live in has always had a great Danish heritage. So, it was natural for my family to enjoy Danish layer cake. Now a days we normally get them from a bakery. Put I think this recipe is worth giving a try.
List of Ingredients
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 c, potato flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat egg white till stiff.
- Beat together egg yolks with sugar. Be sure to mix well.
- Stir flour and baking powder into yolk mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold beaten whites into flour mixture.
- Bake in 4 - 8" cake tins at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove and finish cooling on racks.
- Fill layers with jelly, jam, or custard.
- Frost entire cake with whipped cream.
The best Danish layers have alternating layers of raspberry jam and custard.