Ritz's Mock Apple Pie
I found this recipe in my mothers card file. It was cut from a Ritz cracker's box. I know that some people have looked for this recipe and thought it would be worth sharing.
List of Ingredients
- Pastry for two crust 9-inch pie
- 1 stack pack Ritz crackers
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated rind of one lemon
- Butter or margarine
- Roll out bottom crust of pastry and fit into 9-inch pie plate.
- Break Ritz crackers coarsely into pastry-lined plate.
- Combine water, sugar and cream of tartar in saucepan; boil gently for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and rind. Cool.
- Pour syrup over crackers, dot generously with butter or margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover with top crust. Trim and flute edges together. Cut slits in top crust to let steam escape.
- Bake in a hot oven (425 degree F) 30 to 35 minutes, until crust is crisp and golden.
- Serve warm.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
They say this pie tastes just like apples.