Carnation's 5-minute Fudge
My Mother clipped this recipes a long time ago. I know there are easier recipes for fudge, but this one is worth the extra effort.
List of Ingredients
- 2/3 cup evaporated mile (small can)
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows ( actual recipe calls to cut up 16 medium but I use minis)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I always use semi-sweet, but you could probably use milk chocolate)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts)
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar and salt in saucepan ovr medium heat.
- Heat to boiling.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constanty.
- Remove from heat. Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla and nuts.
- Stir 1 - 2 minurwa (or until marshmallows melt)
- Pour into buttered 9-inch square pan.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into squares.
This fudge sets in the refrigerator, but will begin to melt if left out too long.