Cole Slaw Dressing
My Mother got this recipe from a cook at an area restaurant that was famous for it's cole slaw. It was called Kilbourne Garden's Slaw. The restaurant is no longr open, but the slaw is still remembered.
List of Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard seed
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- grated onion (about 1 tablespoon)
- Mix together in a container that can be tightly sealed.
- Shake well.
- Mix with 4 cups shredded/chopped cabbage.
- Let sit several hours for flavors to blend.
You could mix in shredded carrots, radishes, etc. to add color to the slaw.