Black Beans and Rice
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 20-oz. frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 32-oz. salsa (mild to hot, according to your taste)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 4-oz. (1 cup) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Rinse and drain beans. Grate cheese.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients (except cheese). Pour into 13 x 9-inch casserole dish; bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees. Remove from oven. Cool; wrap with foil; label and freeze. Place grated cheese into small bag and attach to casserole dish.
- Thaw. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Cook at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and beans and rice are heated through.
- PER SERVING: 471.3 cals; 3.0 fat; 25.7 g protein; 90.4 g carbs; 4mg chol