Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 6-oz. dry spaghetti noodles
- 2 TBSP margarine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16-oz.) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 4-oz. reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated (or: mozzarella, Monterey Jack)
- Chop onion. Mince garlic. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain. Stir margarine into hot noodles until melted. Stir in Parmesan cheese and beaten eggs. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Form pasta mixture into a crust-shape in bottom and up sides of pie plate. Store covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a skillet, heat vegetable oil. Cook onion until softened. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, organo and garlic. Heat through. Spread cottage cheese over bottom of spaghetti crust. Top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle grated cheese over all. Cover pie with foil; label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Bake covered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove foil and bake for five more minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- PER SERVING: 281.9 cals; 9.0 g fat; 18.1 g protein; 33.3 g carbs; 80 mg chol