Turkey Potato Pie
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups turkey meat, cooked and cubed
- 3 TBSP flour
- 1/3 cup dry red table wine
- 2 packets instant beef broth and seasoning mix
- 3 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1 TBSP butter
- Cook and cube turkey meat. Chop onions. Minc garlic. Prepare potatoes; using fork, in medium bowl combine potato flakes, 2 cups boiling water, and the butter; mix until light and fluffy. Cool potatoes.
- In large skillet heat oil; add onion and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until onion begins to soften (about 1 minute). Remove from heat. Stir in turkey pieces. Sprinkle flour over turkey mixture and stir quickly to combine; return skillet to burner and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup water, red wine and broth mix; cook until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in parsley. Place turkey mixture and potatoes into separate labeled freezer bags; seal. Place both bags into an additional freezer bag; seal and freeze together.
- To serve: Thaw both turkey and potato bags. Transfer turkey mixture into 2-quart casserole dish, top with potato mixture and spread over top of casserole. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until turkey mixture is heated through and potato topping is golden brown.
- PER SERVING: 297.8 cals; 13.0 g fat; 18.9 g protein; 25.2 g carbs; 53 mg chol