Sweet Mixed Pickles
List of Ingredients
- 6 lbs small cucumbers (sliced or whole)
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 lb yellow beans
- 1 gallon boiling water
- 1 lbs silverskin onions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 1 cup salt
- 1 quart vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole pickling spice in cheese cloth bag
- 1 pint water
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 3 lbs sugar
- Make brine by boiling a gallon of water and adding the salt; allow to cool.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces; slice peppers thinly; peel onions, and put all vegetables in a large crock.
- Pour brine over vegetables, so that all vegetables are covered; allow to sit for two days. Drain the vegetables, wash and drain thoroughly.
- In a large pot, combine the vinegar, mustard seed, water, sugar and pickling spice. Boil for five minutes.
- Pack vegetables in pickling/jam jars. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables and seal.