Hearty Vegetable Soup
Source of Recipe
Savory Soups & Salads (Great Recipe Book!)
I found this cookbook at a garage sale and it is awesome all the recipes sound soo good I am posting ones that I plan on using!
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 quartts chicken broth
- 28oz whole tomatoes
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. diced potatoes
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- 1 c. corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 c. cooked kidney, black, or pinto beans (rinsed & drained)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 T. minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Combine all ingredients ina large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving
- This can be made in the crockpot cook on low 6-8hours
8 servings 1 c. each Totally CORE! 142 cal/2g fat/6g fiber 2pts per serving