Source of Recipe
Savory Soups & Salads (Great Recipe Book!)
I found this cookbook at a garage sale and it is awesome all the recipes sound soo good I am posting ones that I plan on using!
List of Ingredients
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c.diced celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. evaporated skim milk
- 2 c.skim milk
- 3 1/2 c.chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled, and cut into 2 in. cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp celery ceed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 T cider vinegar
- 1 T. minced parsley
- In a large saucepan heat the oil.
- Add the onion, celery and bay leaf; cook overmedium heat for 5 min. stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and slowly add the flour; mix well.
- Slowly add the evaporated milk, skim milk, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the potatoes, and seasonings.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer, uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender,stirring frequently.
- Add vinegar and discard the bay leaf. Remove 3 cups of hte mixture and place in a food processor; puree.
- Add the mixture back to the soup pot and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve
8 1 cup servings. I would count this as 1wpa per serving (for Core the flour is the only thing not core) 133 cal/2g fat/2g fiber 3pts per servings