Quick Shrimp Gumbo
Source of Recipe
Savory Soups & Salads (Great Recipe Book!)
I found this cookbook at a garage sale and it is awesome all the recipes sound soo good I am posting ones that I plan on using!
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 c.chopped green pepper
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1C. uncooked White Rice OR Brown Rice
- 1/2 C. low sodium chicken broth
- 1medium garlic clove minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 12Oz.PreCooked Jumbo Shrimp
- Place all the ingredients except the shrimp in a large stockpot bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp is thoroughly heated.
- Serve Hot.
4 Servings/Serving size 30oz shrimp with sauceand 1/4 c.rice 182 cal/2g fat/2g fiber (make this core by substituting the white rice with brown) 3pts per serving!