Source of Recipe
Savory Soups & Salads (Great Recipe Book!)
I found this cookbook at a garage sale and it is awesome all the recipes sound soo good I am posting ones that I plan on using!
List of Ingredients
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 c. yellow corn
- 6 corn tortillas
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes
- Add the cilantro, cumin, and cayenne pepper; saute for 3 more minutes. Add remaining ingredients except tortilla chips.
- Bring to a boil; cover and let simmer for 30 minutes
- Cut each tortilla into 10 strips
- Place the strips ona cookie sheet and bake for 5-6 min @ 350* until slightly browned and toasted.
- Remove from the oven
- To serve the soup place equal strips of tortillas in each bowl ladel the soup on top of the strips
8 servings 1 c. each 1 WPA per serving (for the tortilla strips) 113 cal/3g fat/4g fiber 2pts each serving