Macaroni Grill Scaloppini di Pollo
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 4 oz lemon juice
- 2 oz white wine
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 1 lb (4 sticks) butter
- 6 to 8 (3 oz) chicken breasts, pounded thin
- oil and butter for sauteing chicken
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, for dredging
- 6 oz pancetta, cooked
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 T capers
- 1 lb capellini pasta, cooked
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- To make the sauce: Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce by 1/3. Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3 to 4 minutes). Slowly add butter until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- To make chicken and pasta: Cook pasta and drain. Heat a small amount of oil and 2 T of butter in a large skillet. Dredge chicken in flour and saute in pan, turning once, until brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and add to pan remaining ingredients. Heat until mushrooms soften and are cooked; add chicken back to pan.
- To serve: Place cooked pasta on each plate. Add half of butter sauce to chicken mixture and toss. Taste and adjust, adding more sauce if needed. Place chicken mixture over pasta. Garnish with parsley. Alternately, mix pasta and chicken mixture together. Toss with butter sauce.