Beef & Broccoli Pie
List of Ingredients
- 1 double pie crust recipe (I use Pillsbury Allready)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 8 ounce box of chopped frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
- 3 or 4 slices swiss cheese
- .Prepare and roll out pastry. Line a 9-inch pie plate with half of the pastry. trim pastry even with rim pf pie plate
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and onion untill meat is browned and onion is tender;drain off fat
- Add the 1 1/4 cups of milk and cream cheese. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Slowly add about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the beaten egg; return this to remaining hot mixture in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Spoon the hot meat mixture into the pastry lined pie plate. Arrange cheese slices on top of meat mixture. Cut slits in top crust and place on top of filling. Seal and flue edge. brush pastry with a little additional milk
- . To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of crust with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.